Professional Audiology Services currently performed by Advanced Audiology:
Diagnostic Hearing Evaluations
Our hearing tests are comprehensive assessments that will help us discover the cause of your hearing issues. These assessments include:
- We provide diagnostic audiological assessments on all populations and ages.
- Otoacoustic Emission (OAE) testing, diagnostic hearing testing method used for evaluating very young and difficult to test patients.
- Follow-up screening services for infants who received a “refer” response after participating in a Newborn Hearing Screening program at hospitals. (screening performed using tympanometry and OAE testing)
- Auditory Processing Disorder testing, for the Shiawasse and Clinton County regional school districts.
Counseling on the Impact of Hearing Loss
We do more than provide hearing tests. Our office interprets these assessments so you will have the information you need to decide on next steps, such as purchasing hearing aids.
- We counsel patients and families regarding test results, communication strategies, amplification options, and dealing with hearing loss.
Hearing Aids and Hearing Aid Maintenance
- Select, fit, and modify appropriate digital amplification devices for all populations.
- Sale of hearing aid batteries.
- Sale of hearing aid cleaning tools and other accessories.
- Perform hearing aid troubleshooting, cleanings, and function checks.
- Assistive Listening Devices.
- We have a variety of Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s) available such as amplified telephones, amplified/light alerting alarm clocks, amplified/light alerting smoke alarms, amplified television accessories, and more.
Custom Fit Ear Pieces
In addition to hearing tests and hearing aids, we help with many other hearing protection services.
- We fit custom swim ear plugs for protection from water.
- Custom musician plugs for protection from occupational/recreational noise hazards—without losing fidelity.
- Custom ear plugs for protection from occupational/recreation noise hazards (construction work, factory work, farming, gunfire).
Community Education on Audiology
See how Dr. Wright’s community outreach activities help people access hearing services.
- Dr. Wright is a practitioner of educational audiology in the school setting; fitting and modification of personal hearing aids and ear molds, fitting and modification of FM systems and conference microphones, performing teacher in-services, and performing hearing screenings.